Monday 12 September 2016

My midnight food painting






I am currently using the Hobbycraft palette paint set which I bought for £5. I usually use this palette for fun painting on my art journal, saving my expensive ones for more professional work. Not to say this paint is rubbish, it's NOT! It's more of using my less expensive paints to see what it does compared to the expensive ones I own.

What I really love about this palette is that it has every single colours and absolutely superb for beginner painter. I'm usually quite bad at mixing up primary colours to get the colours I want, so it's great that I have a selection of colours at my expense.

I know that if I had a 6 colour palette with limited colours, I would have found it really hard to pick and choose to make up the colours I want for my painting. However, with the Hobbbycraft palette which I've got for £5, it has about 36 colours, it's really good for those starting out with watercolors and it also dries really quickly too!

I have attached 2 examples of my favourite pieces I have worked on last night and I have to admit, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. Bare in mind, I did not use this painting on a water colour paper, so you can imagine how light these watercolors are!

So good, that I ran back and got my self another backup palette! ^__^

No comments :

Post a Comment